Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Waver no more

The fear of the unknown worries me. What will happen to me in future? Will I have enough to support myself financially? A musician don't earn much unless you can find good jobs with good pay and have built a massive empire of contacts with other musicians because of your good PR skills.

Feeling outnumbered and seeing how people have so much more influence than me, I become unstable and afraid. The urge of giving up started to wrap me up like a poison python.

However, God says that there is power in the faith of God ( Pastor Raymond Mooi- Faith that works, work that faith ). Faith in God is important. It is essential in Christian living. When we exercise faith in our lives, we will obtain outstanding testimonies like the heros in the Bible. Check out Hebrews 11, thumbs out to the heros because of their faith. We can, and we're no different than the Old Testament saints when we are willing to believe.

To activate our faith, we must believe that God

  • exists
  • is who He says He is in the Word of God
  • did all the things as recorded in the Bible.
  • rewards you
  • answers your prayers
  • will come through

Without faith, nothing will change. Remember the 'walk by faith and not by sight'? Yes, it must become our lifestyle. 'Walk'- manner of living.

There's so much that I've learnt in this book. It's not very difficult to read. I remember that I wavered a lot in my decisions and started doubting myself as a musician- Will I make it? Will I live a comfortable life? Will I succeed in carrying out the will of God in my life?

"When the devil attacks you with fiery darts, they are intended to shake you. They are used to displace you and cause you to move away from the covering of God. Fiery darts of the devil are designed to destroy." ... "Scripture declares that if a person wavers he is like a wave of the sea, driven with the wind and tossed (James 1 :6-7). Just like a small boat on the sea, waves of unbelief strike you, making you rock back and forth while the gale of doubts causes you to lurch forward and back."... "Put on the armor of God. Above all, take up the shield of faith."

Believe, or you will receive nothing from God. There is already a faith that God has put inside of us, a faith that is world-overcoming and it's no small thing. It's not weak nor is it powerless. I gota be strong in the faith that God has given me and do. not. waver.

No comments: