Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Monday, November 4, 2013

Pausing a Little While

Tonight, I did not regret since the first day I arrived Boston. Although at times, there were thoughts of "Omgosh, why did I choose to do film scoring?", and all the mistakes made were valuable lessons. From choices done in selecting my classes (which overloaded my brain for this semester), to discovering myself more in this funny-how-I-actually-got-myself-out-wow-so-daring-alone amazing journey. I never had time in secondary school to search myself, what I like what I don't, my strengths and weaknesses, friends and all, because I was busy just studying and get straight As for my exams.

Some mistakes made were used to turn them around into positive ones. Or some, I thought that it was a mistake, it turns out to be a skill for me to master! That is, doing something last minute. This isn't my forte. I plan things in advance. But this will come in handy the next time in my work- when the director wants to change something on the spot, I must be ready to come out with something on the spot, under that kind of pressure, which is time.

Being spontaneous is a skill.

And like what James Newton Howard said today at the session, when thoughts like "why did I choose to do film scoring" pops out, shake those thoughts away. It'll come, from time to time, but he did not regret and can never wanna' do any other job other than writing film music.

See how his music in the Hunger Games when Rue dies in Katniss's arm, that made me teared. And the Land Before Time music done by James Horner, made me cry when I was only a kid! As young as 4 years old! Those kind of music can be powerful to move a person emotionally.

Berklee has given me lots of opportunity, one of them is THIS!

James Newton Howard- a picture I got without having to get special tickets to meet this Hollywood Star.

George Clinton CHAIR for the Film Scoring Department in Berklee

Who also conducted the interview session with James

And James liked my name ! :DD
And so, I will continue with this journey. It will be a huge part of my life. It is becoming one. In the making ;)

No comments: