Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Pina Toprak Skype session

Okay. As promised. Here is a short review of my point of view (;P) of Pina Toprak's Skype interview ahaha!

It was hosted by the WFI in Berklee. So, what she threw in her thoughts in that session, don't live on other people's expectations. Have yours and do what you like to do, better if we love it.
If we want something, work hard for it. Don't have plan B(s). Cuz if we do, we would not finish plan A.

Being a woman in the film's industry is tough job. So we havtha rise to the occasion. She is a mother and a composer. :OO
We must learn how to juggle personal life and work (actually it applies to everyone :P Nyeheh.) We do film music work because we love it. We do what we can, and we do the best job. Film scoring is also our baby, besides our real baby/child. So, know how to care of both.

Well, she did talk about her routines, a little of video game scoring, of how she got involved with it.

I relate well with her mistakes, that she wasn't speaking enough for herself. People patronize her. She was afraid of speaking, she was a kitten. Many took advantaged of her.
And since FS is more for the introverts, because this job can be soemtimes (actually, pretty much all the time) lonely, where composers are locked in their room for, depending of the project time frame, 6 weeks perhaps, writing music non-stop before reaching the deadline, which is hmm, THE DAY THE MOVIE COMES OUT IN CINEMAS ??!! So yeah, the deadline is pretty important.

:D

I never thought that I have the guts to raise my hand and ask her a question in that session.

So yeah, she has worked for Hans Zimmer before and it was awesome having a Skype session with her. It's Berklee, anything music-related can happen.

No comments: