Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Saturday, November 24, 2012

1cm more!

Today's the most exciting day for me. I got up early at 7am and snoozed my alarm till 8.35am. Ehehe. Not so early anymore actually. I was all ready for my interview with SIA in Park Royal Hotel this morning.

Reached there, everyone looked so stunning and smokin' hot. Even the men! Tall and good looking ones were walking here and there. Every girls in the hotel dolled up nicely and put on their best working clothes. Me? Yeah, I put on my make up too and wore my best heels. Esther did some touch up for me. Thanks! :)

Lots of waiting to do this morning. I sat there, thinking, wow sheesh they are all so tall and pretty! Felt like chicken out this time. But I told myself, I've already made my effort to come all they way here, prepared all my documents (looks like my SPM results do still have its use until now) and am already well attired, my as well JUST...do.it. Trying to convince myself, I gulped.

When it comes to my group's turn, there were 9 of us in the room for the first round. We have a total of 4 rounds of interview if I'm not mistaken. Singapore has 6 rounds. So, we entered the room, and thank God my tension has been released earlier and I told myself JUST...do.it. And I wanna do my best. I really wanted this job so much! More than anything else right now.

During the interview, all sort of people you meet.

At the end of the interview, out of 9, only ONE was chosen and my heart sank down when the name was announced as "Wehy Yan Oi". Who the fella is that? Who's Yan Oi?? Who's surname is Wehy??! Everyone was looking around. It was me!! I looked at the form and I was really surprised. Then, a lady took me to the measurement room and my height was taken as 157cm. Whatt? My passport height is 158cm and that was taken 2 years ago. How did this happen? I'm very upset. Very Very upset. One moment I was in cloud 9, the next thing I know I was at the bottom of something something. (Sorry, Im too lazy to think of a good way to describe). Immediate rejection. Bummer. 

From today onwards I'm gona take milk and cheese, and mom's gonna boil me a special soup for me to grow taller. Together with prayer, I'm asking God to help me grow taller, 1cm...2cm...3cm... more! I'm not gonna stop right here. Do you know, the pay and satisfaction of being an air hostess is so much more than doing a professional job or being a musician? Maybe I'm just going thru' the emotions right now, but in logic, yes I'd rather be an air stewardess. Life as a musician is so hard. I can never get this kind of pay as a musician. However, my intention was to just work for 3 years and then back to my music degree. And during that 3 years, I just wanted to travel, get some inspiration, experience and exposure coz I'm very well protected at home, in school and all. I just want to leave home for awhile and do something spontaneous like this.

Anyway, I won't give up. I'm gonna grow a few more centimetres. Out of all these today, I've learnt much on confidence when you present yourself to others. Don't ask me what's my plan right now, I don't have.

7 comments:

Sara-Jane Har said...

So, you're in? Even if you're 1cm short? CONGRATULATIONS! Wow, which company did ya go for? Maybe I could see you, if I'm ever that lucky enough. Hehehe.

Hsing said...

but girl frankly, i've tried all the methods i know to grow taller but it didnt happen at last, not to upset you but yea. anyway, i support your dream your passion. I once thought to be a stewardess too. every girl dreamed that. cheer up! we r going out after PI after everything.

hsing

Hsing said...

cheer up girl. not to up set you but ive tried almost every method i know to grow taller, but it didnt happen. focus on PI first. and everything will come smoothly and we will talk after this week. all the best and cheer up!

Maiorem said...

Air stewardess? Hm...
http://www.cracked.com/article_19762_7-random-things-you-wont-believe-are-shortening-your-life.html
Read #4.

Daphne said...

whaat dante lolol hahaha. WeiHsing I think music career will last longer haha, since SIA is so strict and chances are may or may not get it due to their company being so particular abt everything. Sara Nope i didn't get in cz i was 0.5cm short. Start doing skipping robe! hehe

Hsing said...

LOL douple postttt can u delete one of it hahahahaha

Sara-Jane Har said...

I see. Doesn't matter, maybe God has something better in store for you! :D