Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

the Daphne

It took me almost 2 years to finally understand something.
That I be the Daphne God has designed me.
That all I have to depend on is Jesus.

I never felt comfortable to sweet talk the "in" groups so that I can be in it.
Not that I never tried, in some point of life there's the trial and error moment.
I thought that it was the way of life if you want to succeed- connections, friends, to get a job, recognition, promotion, being popular etc.
After all, having people like that really looks cool on a musician. Musicians die die also must have contacts kan? But I do not want to have my contacts by being who I'm not, and to compromise with things that I'm uneasy about and all. It ain't right for me.
But the more I tried, the more stifling I get. At the end of the day, I wasn't myself and it was like I had bind up my own hands and feet, and lived in darkness. What was so beautiful in the eyes of the Lord had been hidden inside by me, just to mask myself because I fear the fear of rejection and having to fail something. This ain't right for me again!
At the end of the day, being 假 is not what I want, even if it's just one bit of it.

Be unique, be authentic.

Friends of mine, they have really good mouths, and then I started to panic!
I'm not so a good speaker like them, but I do talk when it's necessary. I tried to be like them but it'll just make things funny.

So, I want to just be the Daphne that I'm comfortable with, the Daphne that God is pleased with.
If that person can succeed, I too can. I can because I have Jesus. As long as I remember Him, obey Him, He'll see me through all seasons of my life.
People's comments about myself won't bother me so much. The most important comment comes from my Father in Heaven, and my family whom I trust these people have no intentions to harm me but to help me grow.

Going out now to bring bro and family for Sammy's Adventure2 3D tonight. My treat because I got my gaji today nyeheh. Tata!

2 comments:

Sara-Jane Har said...

You got me thinking there, Daphne. Makes me think that I should be myself rather than to do what you have tried doing before.

Thank you, sis, for sharing! :D I shall keep this in mind - be who I really am.

Daphne said...

I wish I could have realized it earlier like you:) be truthful to ourselves, be authentic.