Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thank you, friend!

I met a friend today. After class, I decided to have a little conversation with him. Never thought that it will be one the most meaningful ones I ever had in my life.

My friend, he's a violinist. Super talented, yet I find him humble and encouraging. He says things that build others up. So I told him what the difficulties that I'm facing. Here are a few things he said that I would like to share:
  • Be honest when you play. Whatever feelings that come to you at that time, play it out.
  • When you play, remember the little world you're in? Use that and forget about the people around you. That way, you not only express yourself but also overcome the thoughts of people judging you and the stage fright.
  • You just said that you're not satisfied with your playing after every song you played. Well, did someone tell you that your playing is not good?
  • If the 'someone' you're referring to is you yourself, ask yourself 'why?'
  • There's no perfect musicians. If he's perfect, there's no need for him to be better/improvement.
  • Don't make gender as an issue if you want to do film scoring. (I did a little research about that and realized that the film scoring industry is dominated by men) It's the music that counts.
Alamak, this friend of mine. I respect his thinking. He also said that when he plays his violin, he's just expressing his love and he's thinking about him talking to God. Much that I learnt from him. I feel proud and honored to be his friend :D

Often, I think the ones who gets inspired most of the time (I have a few friends who are like that) are the coolest people. They're more thoughtful, caring, sincere, genuine, honest, open minded, forgiving, inspiring, encouraging, emotional and loving towards others. People like them will eventually succeed and achieve their goals, I believe, one day. It may not be the same time as the rest, but in their own time, they will. This is because people like them are unique.

I respect yo!
:)

2 comments:

Maiorem said...

Like he said, don't make gender an issue. One of the most talented scorers in Hollywood was Shirley Walker, who wrote her film scores entirely by hand and always orchestrated and conducted her own scores by herself. One day, you too might become a famous scorer!

Daphne said...

Thanks Dante. Too bad she passed away, can only get to hear her songs. Aiks.