Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Saturday, May 5, 2012

Background

I was reading some of the established musician's profiles and interviews what not today.
How I wonder if I were to be born in a place called INDONESIA or PHILIPPINES or AFRICA or somewhere in the States, where jazz music was played since the day I was born, or my parents are musicians who influenced their kids in jazz music and taught them how to play and to feel the grooves. Perhaps, just the environment where one grew up in with music like that being played almost everyday everywhere that became a part of his/her life actually can make a lot of difference in his/her music.

Well, I shall keep learning then! Since I didn't have that kind of background I mentioned above- playing with their mom or/and dad on stage, a dad who listens to Chick Corea, a mom who sings like a superstar, or to set up a small band on streets and play all day, that kind of life, I'll work with what I have now and be happy with that.

They can be nurtured- the touch, the feel, the grooves and of hitting the delicious sounding notes. It's just a matter of time, I hope, and how diligent I can be.

:)

2 comments:

David Ling said...

My parents never listened to jazz either, but I spent a lot of time listening to it because I personally enjoy it.

Learning to play jazz is all about listening. Find a jazz pianist you like, find some tunes he/she plays that you like, then spend time just listening, transcribing, analyzing every single little detail. Repeat the process with other jazz musicians.

At the end of the day you should have fun and really enjoy doing this, that's the fastest way to learning something new.

Daphne said...

Omgosh nvr expected u to comment haha, i see u found my blog now i shy lol.

I like your learning ideas! I wana go try it out. Hoping for a good result. Thanks man, I'm gona have fun doing this!