Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Friday, May 17, 2013

Time to grow up, girl.

Looking out at my window, enjoying the evening breeze, just made me lift up my hands and praise my Jesus. For all that He did for me and my family, back at home, how He cared so much for us from our health to well-being, and how He helped us in difficult times. From there, we were strengthen and delivered from our old and enter in to the new. And how He has brought me out of KL to here! Now that's a testimony.

Coming over to Boston is just right for me. I felt that I really needed to be away from familiarity. I had to grow up. Simple as that. Not only learning how to settle bank accounts and get my directions right on the streets, I also had to learn about dealing with people, finding the right friends, get my own things done independently and so on. Do you know, hearing from people who have gone away from their home saying that God is still the same and He is with them, no matter where they are, I find it really awesome and now that I am actually experiencing it just makes it so personal to me. God is still the same loving God I knew when I was in Malaysia. He still guides and speaks the very same way how He used to do that at home. Yes, I'm very dependent on my home church and family. That's because I grew up in that loving environment. But now that I'm away from them, I had to see and feel the real world out there. That is where maturity and growing take place. That is also where I can seek wisdom from God and sharpen my discernment in hearing Him. HS is so important. He has been such a helpful friend.

I do made mistakes when I got here. I get annoyed at myself for it too. My sister is the one who gives wise advice and (still) helps me to bring my feet up again. It's time for me to have my own stand. I may get carried away, but all these I have to learn to stand on my ground. What I know I should do, I should do it and not letting others decide on what I should do.

Nothing is going to be easy but I really thank God that He's with me. I can always ask Him to give me wisdom when I speak to a friend, to the banker, to the waiter, to the school counselor, to the lecturers to anybody. It's a new season, a new chapter in my book where God is the author of it. So far, I'm liking this city.

I know I am going to be strong in the Spirit. I had to come here to learn how to deal with my weaknesses. It's not easy, really. Talk to someone myself, to speak up, to learn up my directions, to make a decision and whatever not. God will help to see it to completion until the end of this season. He is faithful and He will never fail us. He will not put me to shame. He is good and He will see me through it.

Did I mention, the hamburgers here are awesome?!! So is the weather. They change like crazy. Summer can be cold. Winter can be hot. Hahaha, PMS.

No comments: