Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Why Music

I thought to myself today.
What if or when people ask me these questions :

"Why do you study music?"
"What will you do with your career?"
"Can earn money ah? How?"

Traveling back to my old memories wasn't that easy for me to recall the decisions I made that have led me to where I am right now.

It was these two simple questions I remember He had asked me 2-3 years ago.
"Do you love music?"
Yes!
"Do you love Me?"
Yes yes!

Somehow when I was 4, I love fetching (mom/dad drove, not me :] ) my sister from her music class. I love seeing all the music exercise books that had stickers with it. I love the sound of the piano. And somehow, I knew that one day I would be playing the piano and making music for the rest of my life. I kept pestering mom and dad to let me attend my sister's music class. They told me that I was too young to start. However, due to my 'perseverance', they finally agreed *grins.

When I turn 11, my sister actually taught me how to spread and roll on some simple I-VI-IV-V chords on the piano. For C Maj, it's CGCDE; for A-, it's AEABC and so on. The next thing I know, I was on the piano for Sunday service! I became the regular Sunday morning pianist, for camps, carolings and also church choir. And then I remember the feeling of letting the HS guide my playing when I became terrified to lead worshippers into worship.

My love for Him and music grew so rapidly whenever I play any P&W songs.

So...

"Why do you study music?"
"What will you do with your career?"
"Can earn money ah? How?"

It's because of my love for Him and He loves me.
Seek ye first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things will be added unto you. Matt 6:33.

Whenever I start to loose my balance in pursuing music, I'll always remember this :
"Do you love music? Do you love Me?"

When there's music, there's us.
mUSic :)

No comments: