Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Mountain-moving Prayer

When u talk, it's not so much of animation where you go moving you body so much like a wriggling worm, or exaggerate your tone in speaking. It is more of in a calm and confident look and way when you present your speech. Right?!

I still don't understand why i'm not allowed to use queue-cards during my public speaking =(

Last year i got the highest score for my prepared speech WITH my queue-cards. This year?! My marks were deducted cause of The Queue-Cards!! What nonsense?

Not even any placing.

Felt discourage later when i get back from school. Funny, my disappointment came after everything is over. After all the efforts and drilling, going back to school for MORE practices in the hols, and yet i don't even get a placing! My beloved teacher, Pn Chang even prepared me bread with luncheon meat and cheese for breakfast =) really appreciate all her hard works and efforts,and the drilling on me too, how she spent her time on me.

But above all, before and during the comp, i was praying. I remembered a book by Bill Hybels-Too busy not to pray- taugh me this. Don't focus on the "mountains"- nervous and the talking part.

Change the focus and look to God.

Faith comes from looking at God, not at the mountain.

Instead of looking on the "mountains", i kept my eyes upfront and how God really works! There are joy and excitement when doing something together especially with your loved one -Jesus!- who really delivered me through the tough times. I've did it! To apply this concept!

I may lost in the eyes of the world, but im a winner in God's eyes. That is way way more important than a public speaking competition.

4 comments:

andrew wong said...

haha... jia you!!! u can do better nxt time!

Daphne said...

heh...thank kiu!

andrew wong said...

how dare u beep me?! copyrights to 'hon' reserved!!! bluekz =p

Daphne said...

Oh TOOO baaad i misused ur copyrite stuff adi!! awwh!! gahaha! =P