Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Stuck Truck On A Highway

The car door was slammed. I peered outside my window, only to find a MAS air hostess standing at her gate, both hands dragging the luggage bags. It's my neighbour. She's back and her little son came out happily to greet his mother home. After a few minutes, another car came roaring at my neighbour's front gate. It was a black monster truck (that's what I called it, coz it's big and high). There came the man of the house. I bet he's happy at the very moment, after the long waiting for his wife to come home from work. Do I really want that kind of life in 10 years down the road?

***

Went out for lunch with bro. Overheard a table talking about business and plans and what and how about work. I love planning, oh yes I do, especially when it comes to the detail work. When I got back from a wedding rehearsal yesterday and started thinking to myself, what an event planner's life would be. Stressful and tiring, yet it's going to be a satisfying result once the event is done and was carried out wonderfully. You get to see all sort of people in the event and all, and look around feeling proud of your work. But the downside is that you have to sometimes work on Sundays. I love weddings, fairs, parades, birthdays, anniversaries, reunions, graduations, fashion shows, concerts and all (I think everybodeh loves that too right) I want to see things planned out well and smooth and everyone enjoying the night. The food, deco, drinks, programs and what not. Events planning sound like an interesting job.

***

I looked through the profile of some film composers like Randy Newman, only for today I just thought of googling him. Something about film scoring that always keeps me attracted to it. It's the music. The song writing. The composing. The lyrics. The job of course, and that I don't really have to put on live shows on pubs, bars and clubs. I get to stay at home or be in a studio with producers and other cool musicians, and sometimes, the team might travel. At the end of the day, once the movie is out, everyone would feel proud of something they did in the movie and everyone's watching it and that is just so awesome after all the hard work and sleepless nights. And you can edit the soundtracks and make them into perfecto musico. That's all that I can picture now but of course there's more.

-----

So, I hope to have a conclusion soon. The fees for Berklee is getting darn expensive. If I switch my direction, 2 years is ICOM is gonna be a waste. It's like Imma stuck truck on the highway. God, please show me which way.

Sincerely,
Daphne

No comments: