Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Sunday, July 3, 2011

First gig

I had an interesting and a wonderful experience working as a lounge pianist for 2 days. Actually it's a 1 month job. This week's day 1 was nervous; day 2 was a little more laid back.

The employees were really friendly. They'll go 'sawadica' when they see you or just HI! I had my fuhree meal and drink. Being a pianist to set the mood of a place is important. I cannot be in my own world. I had to feel the mood and feelings of the crowd. There was a teenager who came up to me and complimented my playing. I was really thankful to her and had a nice short talk with her. Apparently, she had one of the same books with me ;) I guess a little encouragement did helped and made a difference in me later on.

Ohhh, did I mention that in the 18 years of my life, the toughest song I ever played and tried playing it over and over again without any mistake IS the happy birthday song. Boiyyyy... simplest tune... and yet I still hesitate in every notes and chords. The guests requested this scary song on my both days of work! Bolehhh tahan lah :D Just follow the flow. Just do it. Nike!

Whatever that I'm doing or wherever am I each day, I thank God for His protection and favour in me. It is also a time for me to test myself and see what God has in mind for me- serving people with music, teaching, writing songs, performing or to work in a studio/company, travel and minister to people with music etc. I don't know yet. Just taking one day at a time, slowly discovering His plan for me :)

It's nice to always wake up with a smile every morning, knowing that God is in control of my music career.

No comments: