Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Monday, December 13, 2010

Post-spm days and choices to make

Post-spm days are supposed to be relaxing... that was what I thought. I was wrong. My days became more hectic than usual. Having a due date by 24th Dec for my application to ICOM is indeed another stressful thing. I had to say no to my friend's birthday party. I had to practice 3 different genre of songs (i.e. jazz, classical, contemporary) everything by Wednesday!! *faints*

Angel Ooh, my good friend is going to help me out with the recordings. She has been a great help to me ever since I started off with the Bangkit project, she was the one who encouraged me to NEVER give up and never made me feel suckie too :) If you're reading this, thank you and I really appreciate all that you have done for me whee~ *winks* Looks like our hang out became more often- movies, band practices and meetings nyek nyek!

Getting myself in to ICOM and to study music was an important calling from God. I had to do an audition of 3 different genre of songs and haven't been touching classical and jazz for some time, but God has been great for picking the 3 best songs for me. He will see me through my season. People might have been telling me that a career in music won't help much in future, but only God knows what the future will lie ahead and that I could do some help for His kingdom. My parents finally agreed to let me pursue my music in the Berklee Transfer Programne (BTP), God must be the one who had spoken to them especially mom who hopes for the best in me to be a dentist. By doing His will, He will make the impossible to be possible. I've thought of 2/12 majors when I'll be in Berklee-

i) Contemporary writing and production
ii) Film scoring
These two will involve me in the music/film/movie industry, basically the entertainment field which I'm pretty excited about it.
Lets just hope that I won't change my mind about it. The other 10 majors sounds interesting too! Gaah, will choose one of them later :D

Despite all the rush and my class will begin in January 3 next year, I'm still blur but sure that this is the right course for me. I'm growing up, no more spoon fed by teachers in school. I have to make wise decisions and seek God more often. The mistakes that I made, I have learnt. In whatever my choices are, I will still praise the Lord for helping me to decide carefully. Did I mention, I'm also a detailed self cautious well organized neat-freak perfectionist? Gaah, it's a gift, and not-so-much of a gift sometimes!

I'm feeling under the sky right now :)

6 comments:

pb said...

all the best in ur audition/applications and stuff!! I'm sure u'll do well! Let me know if you're staying over at setapak. Mayb can go jamming hehehehhe.

Deferring in NS means in future u gotta go too.. one of my cg member (22 years old) has been deferring and they are sending warning letter already. Don't defer too long yea ;)

pb said...

all the best in ur audition/applications and stuff!! I'm sure u'll do well! Let me know if you're staying over at setapak. Mayb can go jamming hehehehhe.

Deferring in NS means in future u gotta go too.. one of my cg member (22 years old) has been deferring and they are sending warning letter already. Don't defer too long yea ;)

Angel Ooh said...

yea, u're most welcome~~ ^_^
yala, we hang out so much now, hehe, nice!
but hor, i'll miss u like crazy when u leave for Berklee, sob sob....

Daphne said...

Pb : yesh yesh absolutely will let you know! Gaah, I missed the jamming time me you and esther. Really ah they will call me back? sobs. Maybe I'll work there then they will forget about me, I'll just pray hard lols :D

Angel : Definitely I'll miss you too! and all our crazy times.. Eh why talk about this now, I'm not going yet la... still got two good long years together with u haaha =D whee~

~StH3R~ said...

Did I mention, I'm also a detailed self cautious well organized neat-freak perfectionist? Gaah, it's a gift, and not-so-much of a gift sometimes!
(presses the like button!)

haha you are definitely growing up. proud of you for being able to make your own decision.

Daphne said...

weeeeee! appreciate much too on you sticking to me when I need some help too :) can't wait to see ya next year.