Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Treble Clef, anyone?

Today, I've realized that music students are one of the interesting people on earth.
When I entered music college, I thought that these students all play music on fresh green grass (there ain't pretty green grasses in ICOM...) eat music, and sleep music. They probably are all happy-go-lucky-ians which turn all their problems and sorrows into lyrics and melodies. Plus, I'd thought that music students hate studying books that's why they study music because Maths and Biology became their enemies.

But you'll soon find these kids highly intellectual and sophisticated, slightly more sensitive and emotional human beings than the rest of the kids who don't study music. Just because we kids didn't want to grow up working in offices and departments, doesn't mean that we're slackers, retarded and weird. We're just being a little creative and imaginative with our thoughts and views about life, people and everything. Surprised, you may get when you find a 'him''s parents both are doctors and he ended up as a musician. Or another whose father or mother is an engineer or a dentist. I met a couple of friends who were almost similar with me, thinking of studying in med school before making a risky choice to pursue after music.

Risky?

Yeah. Musicians do not have much stable pay compared to a lawyer, a dentist, a teacher, an engineer and a vet. We may be looked down by society, where some may think we're less useful to the world because we don't give services like doctors and finance consultant all, where they think we're not really good with our studies because only half the side of our brains are working, and that we're so emotional we may act like a freak when we perform and express our thoughts and feelings through music. Well, it takes a lot of courage, boldness and... lots of thinking to do first for someone before stepping into this field. Even parents are skeptical in sending their children to study music. I thank God both my parents trusted my decision because we know God is at hand.

So. Since music school is ranked as the second most expensive course ever (I guess Med school is the most costly one), I will make sure my parent's hard earned money not go to waste. I will also make sure that God's talent in me will not just sit there and do nothing, but to serve others with it. Music is easy. Your head, my head, their heads and everyone's heads. Well, maybe it is slightly easier, coz' we don't have to do lab experiments, reports, thesis and test papers full of fun facts and theories from the great noble inventor and founder of something great. But we do have tougher parts too like practicing, working with a band, working on improving our playing and techniques, getting jobs bla bla. It's a musician's world. We all strive to survive. We work while we're studying. Age is not a matter. Gaah so many things.

Nothing is easier than this or that. Everything has something to work on this and that.

***
My dad mistaken me as my sister, thought I owed him >rm700++ in his credit card. Scared the cwrap out tha' me.

2 comments:

Eunice Wong said...

Helloo.. i shared ur post on my blog. Hope u dun mind. I think ppl need to know what it's like to be a music students so they dun simply go for it or simply send their children to music school! lol.

Daphne said...

lolol Eunice, simply send their kids to music school? that's an interesting thought haha. Music is just not that easy as I thought hehe.