Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Sunday, August 7, 2011

What's cookin'

I take it all back...

I actually like to bake. Heh heh (if you've read my last post Crotchet Baking). I did mother's moist chocolate cake today and it was fantastic ;) Almost done with melting the toppings.

Dad also made his awesome sambal again. He learnt it from his mom- my babanyonya grandmother. I heard from daddy and his siblings (13 of them) that she was an amazing cook too! Never got to taste her food. I guess both my parents reallyyy love food! They feed us well with what they cook. I never got bored and tired of their cooking. Always something new.

Also, when there's good food, they'll drive all they way there just to eat! There was once we drove all they way to Kuala Langat to eat some seafood. And then another one morning to Ipoh for salted steam chicken and came home after makan. From Kuantan, we drove all the way to Kemaman for soft shell crabs and their local kopitiam, then back to sleep. We even drove down to Melaka for local durians (WOHH super LIKE man!) and cendol. Travelled to cendol stall in Melaka TWICE, still haven't gotten to taste it yet :( So, when Chinese New Year and school holidays come, my aunt and her family from Singapore who also LOVE food, ahh picture the rest of it by yourself :P

Yea, good times :)

Tomorrow's breakfast?? Nasi lemak kukus with telur-goreng-sendiri and, for tea, baked moist chocolate cake :D

I'll continue to learn how to cook and bake. And be good cooks like my mom and dad and their mommies and daddies too. Oh yeah, my maternal greatgrandfather was a chef for the British too during their ruling in Malaysia. Proud, heh though I do not know him.

I loveeeeeee food! No, seriously, LOVE G.O.O.D. food :)

Runs in the blood? Teehee!

1 comment:

~StH3R~ said...

yea that's where i got my cooking skills from eh...imma natural...haha