Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Saturday, January 25, 2014

Keep ourselves qualified for that race we're running

Jeff Bianchi's sermon from CFCF is pretty similar with that of HIS Church.
After listening to his sermons on podcast, it always encourages me to go on life as an alien here.

Yes, I do hate some things here. But if I'm placed here for a season for a reason, then I should not be complaining, as bad as I want to return home sometimes, or even move out of this city.

For the time being, leave the past. God is doing new things. Pastor Jeff quoted Isaiah 43:19 "Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

I AM- God says.

And he makes rivers in the desert? That's impossible. But He is the I Am.
When fear grips me so tightly, I would want to still trust in God about the future. I don't know the 'new things', but I know the I Am. And the I Am can do the impossible. What seems to be possible to us is something that we can achieve by our own ability. But we want more of God, we want the impossible possible. We want to see God's work in our lives, gasps at it and marvel at Him. We want miracles. We should be living in miracles all the time because our God is a God of miracles and healing, loving and sovereign, strong and powerful. Yes, these words ring the bell like a zillion times. As cliche as it sounds, but this is still the truth about him. He is old but never stale. As old as the hills. Yet, He is also always new and fresh. Old as in, He is faithful to his promises and words for us.

***
When feeling a little lame at our spiritual side, look for sources to elevate our spiritual side, that our lights in the lighthouse not be dimmed. Coming here is a challenge for me to be fed spiritually. At home, there was meat every Sunday. Now that I'm here, I've got to look out for my spiritual health and make an effort to encourage my spirit too, so that we can keep going on encouraging others as well. We don't want to have that lame vibe in us. So always make an effort to be better and keep ourselves qualified for this race.

***
More things to share but I'm hungry and I'm going to cook now.
Ugh. Malaysia. I love you too much that I need to let you go for awhile !!

No comments: