Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Discoveries

2012 is coming to an end soon. In 2-3 months time, I'll be Twenty. Two-and-tee. Throughout this year, I proudly say that I have done a few discoveries. Out of all these discoveries, the utmost valuable gem I've reap is that everything has its timing. You can't rush to know everything in one go, neither can you rush to expect things to be done in just a snap of a finger.

I've experimented with TEACHING starting this April this year- Never really liked working for others (bosses). Plus, I'm tight down with the weekly hourss of teaching piano, I don't get to practice on Saturdays and sleep longer in the morning and have breakfast with my family. Like it or not I still have to do replacement if one of us can't make it, especially those rascals who love to inform me last minute 15 mins before class starts and I have to replace their classes wth because the management said so, arrange the time, be patient with the kids and bla bla. Unless I'm old, and I wanna retire, then I'll reconsider teaching and get 100% from the fees. PERFORMING- The long hours of practicing and perfecting songs are frustrating. I'm part of the tribute band this sem. Enjoyed it, but the rehearsals and commitment can be pretty demanding. I don't mind performing, but it will be my secondary. ARRANGING- I love it and I hate it. I definitely know that I'm not taking this as my major. In other words, CWP (Contemporary Writing and Production) is out of my list. FRIENDS- Mix with the right company. I just went through refining process in this area. It's only the tip of an ice berg, a sneak preview of what's coming my way, before I head to the States. RELATIONSHIPS- It's time for me to not be completely ignorant about it. But right now, I'm enjoying single hood.

I'm growing up. Lots of choices to make. Everyone wants to make the best decision. To do that, don't listen to the heart or the mind for the heart can deceive, and the mind is the devil's workshop. Be in a relationship with JC, He has promised us that we be in His good hands. He leads. Sometimes what He tells us to do just don't make any sense, but what can I say, God is just full of surprises! Follow Him, obey. He sees the bigger picture. He knows. These are the basics, but sometimes situation can get so overwhelming and that would be the testing time of putting faith into action, putting what you've known and heard of like a zillion times into practice.

Take one thing at a time. Everything has its timing. It took me some time to explore, experiment my interests, what I'm good at, what I like to do, know my character, know my identity in JC, building healthy relationships, understand my role and my purpose, etc. I regretted in those high school days, I didn't even consider all these because I was so immersed in the mindset of getting perfect PMR and SPM results (which God has blest me both exams with straight As). High school is not so much about studies. We should be doing some exploring too at that time. But thankfully, I've made the right decision- to pursue the great calling, to be a musician for Christ! The rest of my journey, it's for Him to lead me.

No comments: