Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Sunday, July 8, 2012

Demanding-nye!


Teaching little kids can get a little stressful sometimes.
I have to dress up well.
I have to look like a teacher and not 19-year-old dudette.
I have to speak well.
I have to communicate with them the language they prefer.
I have to even communicate with them the language their parents prefer.
I have to keep fit and look healthy, pretty and... slim.

Last week I have some students commented on certain stuffs :

"Teacher, how old are you?" 
-19
"You're so young. Can teach me meh?"

"Wah teacher, you can play the piano also ah?"
-OMG abuden if not why am I teaching you this instrument. Hey kid, seriously...!?

"Teacher, I like you because you're slimmer than my previous teacher,"

I.Am.Speechless.

This generation is so much different than mine. I practiced before I go to class; I don't comment on my teacher's wearing; I don't comment on my teacher's size and age; I make friendly conversation and not thooooose the too straight forward types.

You not only need to ensure the students improve and pass their tests, but you also have to look good.
Teaching these days are way more demanding.

No comments: