Hello!

Hello! Come feed my fishy fishes :D
The yellow one is my favourite.
His name is Pee Wee.
#I rarely update my FB, Twitter maybe, Blog sometimes. Find me on Instagram ! Weedaphne :)

Friday, February 22, 2013

Hope

Just a small town girl.
Just a small heart for God.
But by God's grace and big love, He is showing me what He can do by bringing people to me.

I received a huge blow this week that I almost couldn't make it to Berklee due to financial issues. Immediately, my mind was working hard in search for alternatives like... teaching English in Korea and learn the Korean language and culture, and perhaps take up courses on wedding and events planning. These are my second best that I can ever come up with, and I would think that I'm gonna enjoy them.

But deep down, my love for music burns and I long to be a film scorer. However, at the back of my mind, logic thinking took over me and threw me a conversation, saying : "Do I really want my dad to invest so much in this education? After all it's just a cert, a degree. But I long for the exposure and experience studying in an elite college, Berklee, like the Harvard for all law students. But lets come back to reality, the film industry has high competitors and maybe I'll just give up trying. After all, this industry is dominated by men. Is it worth the money?" I even looked for other colleges who offer film scoring program, but they also cost a lot.

Nevertheless, I was stubborn enough not to give up my hope on God. Holding onto God is the only thing I can do, only hope left for me to cling on. I didn't know what else to do! This is because I believe that in times like this, He wouldn't abandon me. He is real and He CAN do miracles.

To be sure of what I should do, I seek for confirmation by asking God to give me His peace. That peace, indescribable one, immediately gripped me with steadiness, despite what the present looks like. Now is the time to put faith into action. Now is the time I'm gonna witness a financial miracle in my education. Of course, I also applied for scholarships, not sitting down and just pray. There's always the balance in doing something. Pray and take action. Commit all these things into God's hand, sit back, watch and be in awe of what He can do.

I believe that what had happened this week is also to remind me that going to Berklee is by God's grace too. It taught me to appreciate and value this opportunity.

No comments: